License Statement

Friday, May 31, 2013

LinuxCon Japan 2013

Annual event LinuxCon Japan 2013 by The Linux Foundation has been finished yesterday.  I have worked as a volunteer staff mainly reception, and last day I had opportunities to join some CloudOpen Japan track.  Basically these sessions are little bit hard for me (especially SDN like technology; I'm not a network guy), but really interesting.

The venue of this year was Chinzanso, Japanese very famous and historic hotel.   It's garden is so beautiful.

In the party yesterday night, I have talked some foreigner guest.  Everyone said "so nice event, really good venue!"  I believe everyone enjoyed the event, and it's also my pleasure as a staff.  I hope LinuxCon Japan; international Linux event in Japan, will keep growing.

But sadly to say we had less consumer-based computing tracks.  Basically LinuxCon is a series of events cover a kernel and server side technology (such as cloud), and this year we had Tizen track (because Tizen is Linux Foundation's project).  Nothing else we had.   I sent a CFP about discussing next consumer-based computing related Linux world but rejected.  Hmm...

Our world is rapidly changing, so we need disucussion the future of consumer-based computing with lots of devices, lots of cloud services, but which is a good event?

Anyway,  thanks for everyone I have met these nice days!  See you next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment